Student Organizations/Sports Clubs/Greek Organizations:
When promoting their Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) students are permitted to use specific KSU trademarks after receiving approval from the Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing.
Student groups must be registered with KSU Student Life as a Registered Student Organization to be permitted use of KSU trademarks.
Please note that some apparel and promotional products may be subject to applied royalty rates.
Please visit designapproval.kennesaw.edu to submit a request to use any trademarks and/or wordmarks of the university for products or events. All designs are to be submitted to designapproval.kennesaw.edu for approval prior to production. Use of a licensed vendor is required unless prior written authorization is given by Trademark and Licensing.
- Pre-approval by the Trademark & Licensing Program for all custom designed products with the use of university registered word marks or logos.
- All requests should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with proposed product design.
- Artwork proofs should accompany all requests.
- Must use Kennesaw State licensed manufacturers/vendors for all student organization and sport club requests.
- Sold to general public
- Sold to members, family, friends
- Sold to faculty, staff & students
- Sold for fundraising within the department, school or student organization
- Uniforms or competition required apparel is exempt from royalties for Sport Club Teams recognized through Kennesaw State Student Success or KSU Sport and Recreation.
- Promotional or giveaway items.
*Pre-approval by the Trademark and Licensing Program must be given for all custom designed products with the use of university registered word marks or logos. Use of a licensed vendor or manufacturer is required. Royalties generated from the sales of licensed products directly benefit the students at Kennesaw State by funding a variety of scholarships and programs.
- Implying endorsement, approval or underwriting of any organization, product, activity, service or contract by Kennesaw State University.
- Alcohol, tobacco, illegal substances, sexually explicit or religious graphics or descriptions, or unauthorized use of other trademarks is prohibited in conjunction with the university’s registered word marks or trademarks.
- University seal on letterhead, business cards or other identifying materials.
- Athletic Identity mark is restricted from use by all university entities except the Department of Athletics.
- A list of licensed vendors can be found here: http://trademarklicensing.kennesaw.edu/licensed_vendors.php
- Recommended vendors customink.com/ksu